Thursday 26 July 2007

More about vaccinations

Today I had jabs for hepatitis A, tetanus, and typhoid. As is always true with tetanus, my arm will be very sore later today. As I recall it feels similar to being hit with a sledgehammer....or what I imagine it would feel like. The typhoid has been the only one which actually was painful while being injected. The jabs I still need to get are my 3rd rabies, 2nd hepatitis B, and BCG (TB), although when we arrive in our country we will need a hep A booster and the 3rd hep B. Next appointment I will also be given the cholera vaccine but it is ingested orally.

Danny is off to Birmingham today for the second training course, so he still has to receive the 3 jabs I got today.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Annie, congrats on the additional citizenship! I'm sorry we couldn't be there to celebrate with you, but here's an online cyberhug ...{{{{}}}} !!

My sympathies on getting the shots; can't be fun, but it's better than getting the diseases :)

I hope all continues to go smoothly for you!

Hugs,
lynn G.

Annie said...

Thanks, Lynn! My arm is just now being to feel better from the tetanus, etc, 3 days ago. But, yes, all the jabs are MUCH better than getting the diseases.

annie

Brody Collins said...

Grateful for sharing thiis