Monday 19 May 2008

Visiting America

Danny and I have been in the US since May 6th visiting my family. Both of us were missing the change of seasons and experiencing spring has been enjoyable although it has been much cooler than normal. I haven't been to Michigan in springtime in 18 years and had forgotten how pleasant it is with flowers and trees blooming.

My youngest son got married over the weekend and it was a lovely, small wedding. My only grandchild, an adorable girl, is growing up much too fast. She will be 3 years old in less than 2 months.

We have quickly become used to modern conveniences again like a washer and dryer, hot showers, clean water out of taps and drinking fountains, easy access to shops which contain anything one could possibly want, etc. Wondering how it feel to readjust after 3+ weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness!! She's 3??

Annie said...

I know! Can't believe it. She'll be 3 mid July. I saw her just over 7 months ago and her vocabulary since then has increased exponentially. Won't see her again until xmas. :(

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to make it home for your son's wedding. And at such a lovely time of year! Here in MN we're still waiting for spring to arrive!

Enjoy the rest of your stay and cherish the moments.

Pam