Saturday 10 November 2007

Laundry Fun

Okay, everybody who thinks laundry is a chore and American expats in the UK who whine about how tiny their washer is or that they don’t have a dryer…… this is my routine first thing in the morning at least 4 days per week:

-fill halfway 2 large plastic basins and 1 medium basin from tap in shower room (as there isn’t a tap outside)
-haul to back porch
-add more water using another container as they would otherwise be far too heavy to lift and carry w/o totally doing my back in
-add detergent to 1 of the large basins
-add a few kettles of boiling water to warm the water
-soak, scrub, wash, rinse, rinse……hang on line
-iron

2 comments:

leigh said...

Believe me, I was NEVER one of those who complained about laundry in the UK!

Am grateful now to be able to peg the clothes out.

With all the gales, they billow like sails and are dry in minutes!

LOL!

Unknown said...

you need a washboard or a big tub and a mangler. At least I think that's what it's called. Another one who never complained about laundry in the UK. I had a dryer but it went kaput and I've just never bothered to buy another one besides fresh air and sunshine are free and I'm not using up more vluable resource.