Tuesday 30 September 2008

One year ago tomorrow.......

We landed at Entebbe Airport on 1 Oct 2007.

In some ways it seems a long time since we arrived, but mostly the time has flown by. 1 more year to go.

During the next year....
  • We hope to get funding for new computers, proper desks and chairs, and the internet for the college so we can give tutors, staff, and students a good basis for using computers and the internet. This is something I am looking forward to helping with.
  • Danny will continue teaching, of course.
  • I will finish the Runyankole language manual which I'll share with other volunteers or anyone else who desires to learn the language.
  • We will visit my family for christmas this year.
  • Two family visits here in Uganda next year.
  • Hope to have a year with less cases of food poisoning.
  • Hope to have another malaria-free year.
  • I will take a few thousand more photos.


6 comments:

Raúl said...

me gusta mucho tu blog lo visito a diario visita tu e mio y si t gusta deja un comentario y nos linkeamos los blogs

Unknown said...

Hi Annie, it's hard to believe that a year has gone by already. It seems like yesterday when you were getting all excited about the prospects of going over there. I hope your second year is as good as your first. I bet you are going to be sad when it comes time to leave. All the best to you both!

Annie said...

Thanks Cherri! I do indulge in occasional bouts of homesickness for my beloved Scotland, but I bring myself back by thinking how much I'll miss Uganda when we leave. It will definitely be with mixed feelings when we leave next year.

annie

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie&Danny i have been watching your Blog for the past year and find it very interesting. I am glad you two have settled down and enjoying the good work , looking forward to the next episode

Annie said...

Hi Dan and Ellen! Except for the hills, green grass and friendly people, it couldn't be more different from Scotland.

Say hello to Grace, John and family, and Shug.

annie

leigh said...

Can't believe it. This year has flown by!

Everyone's lives have changed.

But oh, these windows will be shining and the carpets fresh and clean for your return.

What a celebration there will be then!