Thursday 18 September 2008

US Election


Here in Uganda it is difficult to get all the specific coverage of the US presidential election that I want. I am sure people in the US are probably overdosing on it, but I need more. We get CNN International for 2 - 3 hours per weekday. I will miss the debates as they are broadcast on the weekends.

BBC World Service provides quite a bit of coverage. But, alas, it's just the radio.

Our internet connection which is an MTN mobile phone USB modem had been extremely bad for the past month or so. Even when it connects the speed is much too slow to watch video clips.
I chat on internet forums and find out what the public thinks and their opinions on how the campaigning is progressing.

When Ugandans find out I am American they always ask me if I am voting for Obama. The reaction is always a big smile and thumbs up when I say yes.

No comments: