Sunday 6 January 2008

Waiting for power.....

......and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.... JOY!! the lights came on..... despair.....they went off again. damn! only 30% power left on my computer battery....... sigh.... my ironing is piling up. no, I don't want a charcoal iron! it would be a disaster if we didn't have a bottled gas cooker!

The electrical lines in a huge area are being replaced. Since the beginning of November the power has been off during the day and has come back on in the evening at random times but generally by 7-7.30, sometimes later. In the beginning it was on all the time on weekends. It wasn't on yesterday. It came on last night several times, but didn't stay on. It has almost always been on all day Sunday. This morning it's been on for 5 minutes, then off again...... sigh..... why didn't I buy a 5 hour battery for my computer?!

Ah, well.....I can't complain about the weather....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Never mind the iron .. the wrinkled look is so "in" these days :)

I must say .. I'm beginning to understand why Africa has such a hard time modernizing. In a world dependent on electrical communication channels, the variability of having power or not is a pretty limiting factor!

Glad to hear that the weather is cooperating at least!

Yes Michigan got hit pretty hard but it didn't take them long to dig out. A good friend in Flint said the plows showed up within 24 hours, so they are back to normal. Now if the West Coast could just stop getting deluged ...

I wish there were an easy way of getting a battery to you! You are definitely reminding me that I should get a back up battery this week!

Hugs,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Aye-yi-yi,

That'd be so frustrating! If you're without power, you can make the necessary adjustments and carry on one way or another. But to be teased and and lose it again in the middle of something, that's another story.....High "grrrrr" factor!

Pam