Saturday 23 February 2008

Getting comfortable and other things....

After nearly 5 months we now feel quite comfortable and at home in our house here. Last week we purchased a living room suite – 2 big chairs and a sofa and they are very comfortable. These replace the two horrible chairs which were never really comfortable. A sturdy coffee table was purchased with the suite. We are also having a bookcase built for us. So my long list of items to buy has nearly become cleared.

The vegetables and fruits Danny planted are doing extremely well – they seem to grow before your eyes.

We have resumed language lessons and I love the reaction I get from people when I demonstrate that I know more than a few greetings.

The end of next week we are getting another VSO on our campus! At the present time we are the only ones on campus.

The students have just returned this week after the long holiday. Danny is teaching physics and the students love his teaching style. He lightens up the subject by making jokes and you can hear them roaring with laughter all over campus.

Occasionally it hits me how pleasant the weather is here and how I have taken it for granted. Yesterday afternoon I was sitting in one of our new comfortable chairs in a skirt and tank top with my bare feet propped up on the coffee table. As usual all the windows and the front and kitchen doors were open, it was sunny and there was a very nice breeze blowing. Ahhhhh…….

Now if we’d just get the electricity back during the day!!!

1 comment:

leigh said...

Oooo, don't you GRIPE, you sexy things, you! LOL!

It is STILL cold here.

Today was dry across Scotland for maybe a bit, when it wasn't sleeting, and we drove out to Lochgoilhead.

Lovely pair of swans!

Oh, good on you! Hello? WHERE are the pics??!!!

xxx
Leigh