Monday 17 November 2008

Wanted: Computer books

I am tutoring introductory computers and am in urgent need of resources. Danny will be teaching IT next term since some used computers were recently donated. It's possible that the college will have an internet connection early next year as well.

The vast majority of staff and students have had little or no exposure to computers. All are very keen to learn! The computers all have Windows 98 installed so newer books are not desired. The computers have CD, floppy drives, and USB ports.

The most helpful books:
  • Basic books such as in the Dummies/Idiots series or any primary school level book.
  • MS Word
  • How to use the Internet.
  • Windows 98
  • CD-ROMs for learning computers
  • Learning to type programs
  • Mouse pads

Many copies are needed as there are about 500 staff and students here. We currently have about 20 computers.

I am requesting that some of you generous, good-hearted people donate and mail books, etc to:

Annie & Danny
c/o Bishop Stuart Core Primary Teacher's College
PO Box 152
Mbarara
Uganda

Thank you!!

4 comments:

Leah Grace said...

we've got those learn to type software programs on our computers here. if i can get them on a CD would that be helpful for you?

ErinOrtlund said...

Do they need any used computers? My computer has Windows 98, and therefore, I needed to have updated long ago. I didn't know what to do with this laptop when done with it.

Annie said...

Erin, more computers would be great! Can you email me details? annie52lf-vso at yahoo.co.uk.

I am visiting the US until the 5th of Jan and you could ship it here and we'll bring it back. Danny has volunteered to be in charge of IT at the college so he can sort any computers.

Shipping could be expensive but I could reimburse you.

Happy christmas to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

I have around +/ - 50 computers books, in good condition; I want to sell them at very cheap prices

Franco
email: franco.panit@telkomsa.net